Sunday, September 7, 2014

An Introduction: Who Am I?

Hello, my name is Kevin Markham. I'm 18 years old, and I'm a college student majoring in Criminal Justice over at Bridgewater State University.

Growing up, I've lived in the city of Attleboro, Massachusetts, with my parents, my sister, and a couple of pets. My mom's name is Eileen, who's a factory worker in Foxboro, and my dad's name is Donald, who's an Electrician. my sister's name is Erin, who's 20 years old, currently a Junior in college at UMASS: Dartmouth and is majoring in the Medical field. I also have a pet dog named Sammy, who's 9 years old, and is a wheaten-terrier.

For schools, I've attended Willet Elementary School, Brennan Middle School, and Attleboro High School, where I graduated from earlier this year. In school, I always excelled in Math, with English being my both my least favorite subject as well as being my hardest subject to pass. In High School, I took Graphic Design as my elective, which has proven to help benefit me outside of school. In Graphic Design, I learned how to use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and had even taking a semester learning about Photography, learning its benefits in the real world, and had even taken a few field trips capturing photos for my school newspaper.

When it comes to activities outside of school, I'm currently a Boy Scout in Troop 25 of Attleboro. Just recently, I've become an Eagle Scout, which is the highest rank reachable in scouting. And while I can no longer participate in scouting as a Boy Scout, I am planning on becoming an Assistant Scout leader for my troop, to further keep myself involved with the troop. I was also a student at my karate school America's Best Defense, where I was a second degree Black Belt in Krav Maga. I've trained at America's Best Defense for over ten years, starting from when I was only 8 years old. Unfortunately, I've had to postpone my time at karate to attend college, mainly due to costs, however my time at America's Best Defense was home of some of my favorite memories to reflect on.

As stated before, I'm majoring in Criminal Justice here at Bridgewater State University. My initial plans after college are to try and become a police officer, with a possible higher position due to my experiences in karate and being an Eagle Scout, however I'm still keeping my mind open for what I should do post college. As for now, I plan on having a fun time in Bridgewater, do my best in all of my classes, and even meet a few new people.

As stated before, my name is Kevin Markham. I'm 18 years old, and this is my introduction of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment