Sunday, September 21, 2014

A "Type Five" too many

In becoming a writer throughout my years in High School, one of my biggest challenges came from my senior year, from which I was tasked to write out two type five essays in a manner of five days.

It was my senior year in High School, and I was taking my portfolio class, where our overall grade was solely based on a Portfolio, consisting many of our rewards, works, and type five essays. Unfortunately for me, I've always struggled in completing these type five essays, which are five-page essays with included pictures and captains pertaining to them. So when it came down to me having to complete two of them in a short amount of time, I was worried.

To begin with, I was worried because of how I've always had a hard time whenever it came to any English work. English was my weakest subject, and it's because of this that I've usually tried to avoid doing type five essays as much as I could. Not only this, but I also had problems whenever it came to sticking with the subject manner. Many of the type five essays I wrote usually strayed away from the point I was trying to get across, and sometimes ended for me in a less-than-satisfying manner.

When it came to completing the types fives, however, I decided to try and experiment with the usual structure I tend to follow in my writing. Normally, when I try to start a type five essay, I usually try and start with the thesis, and then work my way down from there. This time, however, I chose to start with the body of the essays, which allowed me more freedom the further I wrote. Also, I decided to start creating a list of what I was going to say, as well as do some research on the subject manner, before I began to type out what I wanted to say. Because of this, I was able to get a better grasp on what was needed in order to complete my essay, and was even able to get my thoughts together, before I started typeing out the essay in a mindless-like behavior.

In the end, I used these experimentations with my new writing style, starting from the body, and helped create two type five essays much easier than before. When the five days were up, and I turned in both type five essays, I got a perfect score on both of them. And while I had trouble in the beginning, it was because of my newly developed skills that truly made this a major moment in my writing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment